Tickets & Box Office Information
Can I attend a movie or a concert if I am not a member of the Olympia Film Society?
– Membership does have its benefits, but YES, we welcome all to come and enjoy the many wonderful programs that we offer. If you would like to become a member, it’s easy! Sign up at the theater box office or online here.
How can I find out what film, concert, or special event is happening?
– Online: check our online calendar, this has the most up to date information including last-minute cancellations and new additions – download and print it, put it on your fridge!
– Showtimes Phone Line: 360-754-6670 ext. 4
– Pick up the OFS schedule in the lobby
– Sign up to receive our weekly email updates on our home page.
What is the ticket price to see a movie?
NEW Prices as of 8/07/2014 – $6.00 OFS Member, $9.00 General Admission, $4.00 Kids 12 and younger.
Matinee Prices (movies beginning at or before 4:00pm)
NEW Prices as of 8/07/2014 – $5.00 OFS Member, $8.00 General Admission
What time does the box office open?
The box office opens 1/2 hour before all show times.
What are the forms of payment accepted at the Capitol Theater?
Cash, credit/debit (Visa, Mastercard only)
Where is the Capitol Theater box office located?
The box office is located just outside the Capitol Theater in the front of the building. (206 5th Avenue SE, in between Franklin & Washington Street).
Can I purchase advance tickets to see a movie?
We do not offer advance tickets for weekly film screenings. However, for special film screenings with filmmakers Q & A, you can get advance tickets on our ticket page here. Tickets for movies can also be purchased at the box office night of the movie.
Can I purchase advance tickets for a concert or special event?
When applicable, you can find tickets at these locations:
Olympia Film Society online ticket page or at the Capitol Theater Box Office– Tickets can be purchased in advance anytime the theater is open for a movie screening or event (provided the event is not sold out). Call to the events line at 360-754-6670 x4 ahead or read the OFS online calendar to see what time the doors open.
What if the movie I am going to sells out?
The Capitol Theater seats 772 of the finest people in the land, so we’ll have plenty of space for you and your friends! If the film screening is a “special event” with live music, silent auction or other activities like Q&A or Directors attending, check the OFS online calendar for advance ticketing information, or get to the event when the box office opens to get tickets.
Why is the box office closed during the day?
OFS is mostly volunteer run and our resources for time are limited, so you will not find staff in the box office during the day. Tickets can be purchased in advance anytime the theater is open for a movie screening or event (provided the event is not sold out). Call to the events line at 360-754-6670 x4 ahead or read the OFS online calendar to see what time the doors open.
Where can I park for FREE when coming to a movie or concert at the Capitol Theater?
– Free street parking is available after 5:30pm on weekdays and free all day on weekends.
– The parking lot next to the theater/alley is free after 5:30pm 7 days a week.
– Parking lot on 4th Avenue and Franklin Avenue is free after 5:30pm weekdays only.
– Bank lot across the street from the Capitol Theater is also free after 5:30pm weekdays/weekends.
Refunds will be made in full in case of a canceled performance. No other refunds will be made.
I just want to pick up the phone & talk with a real person, is that possible?
We ask that you call 360-754-6670 and listen for the staff person’s extension you are trying reach. Click here for staff extensions.