Booking & Rental Information
Contact: Rob Patrick, Program Director
Tel: 360-754-6670 Ext. 12
Feel free to send band suggestions on who you and your friends would like to see LIVE at the Capitol Theater!
The good stuff OFS gives you when you host your event at the Capitol Theater, your rental comes with:
- Inclusion in weekly social marketing “shout outs” includes Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Event web page on OFS’s website where you can direct tickect buyers to more information and links to your event sponsors.
- Your event is included in our weekly email newsletter of over 12,000 members, non-members, and patron businesses of OFS.
- An announcement of your event before films leading up at least one week to your event date.
- Inclusion on the OFS website calendar and homepage which is visited by 300 new visitors a month!
- Poster placement in and around the Capitol Theater walls and doors.
- Event posted to digital monitors around the theater
- Your event name in lights on the Marquee (usually posted the week of the event).
- Knowing that your dollars when renting the Capitol Theater go directly to supporting film, music, and art that OFS produces and allows OFS to sustain itself as one of the leading non-profit arts organizations in the South Sound!
Background: The Olympia Film Society is a 501(c)3 non-profit, community-based, volunteer-run arts organization. We run the Capitol Theater, a vintage 1924 film and performance venue- originally built for performance to coincide with silent film and vaudeville. Currently, we show independent and second-run films, host many live music events with national, local, and regional bands, and have a small art gallery in our mezzanine. All events produced by OFS (Olympia Film Society) benefit the organization; we are also available for film, live music, and special event rentals. The Capitol Theater is all ages, holds 762 seated, 900 standing room, and has a smaller performance area called The Backstage, which holds up to 120 people standing room.
The Backstage Rentals:
Rentals on The Backstage are primarily booked on Friday nights. Some mid-week and weekends are available. Rental includes a mandatory house manager, PA, and sound engineer for 7 hours of work, you must provide your own staff and promotions and a 50% deposit is required.
*The fine print: Additional staffing, technical, promotional, and administrative fees depend on the number of hours and production requirements. These fees are agreed to upfront. You may need to provide some staffing, the promoter is responsible for all promotions, 50% deposit is required. You must obtain all rights required to publicly present any film. Dates are subject to availability. Reading this is not a confirmation or commitment of dates or rates.
Alcohol and Concessions Service: Wine/Beer gardens are available to enhance your event; OFS keeps 100% of all alcohol and concession sales.
Merchandise Rate: 15% on all goods
Ticketing: OFS handles all ticketing services, additional fees apply.
Capacity: Full house 762 seated general admission or 900 standing room general admission (496 seated on the main floor and 276 in the balcony). The Backstage: capacity: 150 GA, standing room only.
Format: Concerts, Film Screenings (35mm/digital/streaming), Presentations, Performances, Birthday parties, and more!
The Capitol Theater is available for private and public full-day and hourly use. Restrictions apply. Contact OFS Program Director for pricing and details.
Capitol Theater/ Olympia Film Society
206 Fifth Avenue SE
Olympia, WA 98501