Booking & Rental Information
Contact: Rob Patrick, Program Director
Tel: 360-754-6670 Ext. 11
Feel free to send band suggestions on who you and your friends would like to see LIVE at the Capitol Theater!
The good stuff OFS gives you when you host your event at the Capitol Theater, your rental comes with:
- Inclusion in weekly social marketing “shout outs” includes Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Event web page on OFS’s website where you can direct your clients for more information and links to your event sponsors.
- Your event is included in our weekly email newsletter of over 9,000 members, non-members, and patron businesses of OFS.
- An announcement of your event before films leading up at least one week to your event date.
- Inclusion on the OFS website calendar and homepage which is visited by 300 new visitors a month!
- Poster placement in and around the Capitol Theater walls and doors.
- Event posted to digital monitors around the theater
- Your event name in lights on the Marquee (usually posted week of the event).
- Knowing that your dollars when renting the Capitol Theater go directly to supporting film, music, and art that OFS produces and allows OFS to sustain itself as one of the leading non-profit arts organization in the South Sound!
Background: The Olympia Film Society is a 501(c)3 non-profit, community-based, volunteer-run arts organization. We run the Capitol Theater, a vintage 1924 film and performance venue- originally built for performance to coincide with silent film and vaudeville. Currently, we show independent and second-run films, host many live music events with national, local, and regional bands, and have a small art gallery in our mezzanine. All events produced by OFS (Olympia Film Society) benefit the organization; we are also available for film, live music, and special event rentals. The Capitol Theater is all ages, holds 765 seated, 900 standing room, and has a smaller performance area called The Backstage, which holds up to 120 people standing room.
Concert and Full Stage Rental: $850.00*
Non-Profit Rate: $600.00*
The Backstage Rentals: $300.00*
Rentals on The Backstage are primarily booked on Friday nights. Some mid week and weekends are available. Rental includes a mandatory house manager, PA, and sound engineer for 7 hours of work, you must provide your own staff and promotions and a 50% deposit is required.
Film Rental: $575.00*
Non-Profit Film Rental: $475.00*
OFS Film Benefit Screening:
Once per program series (roughly 6 weeks), OFS offers a discounted rental rate to a local qualifying non-profit organization. Requirements include 501c3 status and application processes. Based on availability.
Hourly Use for Local Film Makers, Private Screenings, and Private Rentals: $50 plus $15 for each additional hour (billed by the hour)*. Private use events are not open or advertised to the public.
*The fine print: Additional staffing, technical, promotional, and administrative fees apply depending on the number of hours and production requirements. These fees are agreed to upfront. You may need to provide some staffing, the promoter is responsible for all promotions, 50% deposit is required. You must obtain all rights required to publicly present any film. Dates are subject to availability. Reading this is not a confirmation or commitment of dates or rates.
Alcohol and Concessions Service: Wine/Beer gardens are available to enhance your event; OFS keeps 100% of all alcohol and concession sales. OFS is limited to hosting 12 events a year and service are based on availability.
Merchandise Rate: 10%- 15% on all goods.
Capacity: Full house 765 seated general admission or 900 standing room general admission (496 seated on the main floor and 276 in the balcony). The Backstage: capacity: 150 GA, standing room only.
Format: Live Music Concerts, Film Screenings, Presentations, Performance, Private, and hourly daytime use available.
Capitol Theater/ Olympia Film Society
206 Fifth Avenue SE
Olympia, WA 98501